The 608 CSK
January 2, 2019
Meal 1: Sweet Corn and Green Chile Tamales, Refried Beans, Brown Rice with Roasted Butternut.
· Heat the tamales in the microwave or a steamer basket. Or peel them out of their wrappers and pan fry in a generous portion of hot fat ( butter is great). Allow each side to brown well. 2-3 minutes per side.
· Heat the beans gently. A microwave works great.
· Heat the rice in a sauté pan. Toss, allowing to heat through.
Meal 2: Lentil Soup, Millet-Whole Wheat Batard, Glazed Carrots.
· Warm the soup gently. Allow to simmer a minute or two. Garnish with a little bacon or leftover holiday ham pieces if you have some.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter or a little good olive oil for dipping.
· Heat the carrots in a sauté pan. Allow to heat through. Toss as necessary.