The 608 CSK
Meal 1: Cavatappi Pasta w. Marinara and Herbed Ricotta, Sautéed Spinach, and Blue Moon Salad
- Warm the pasta briefly in a microwave or even run under a little hot water in a colander.
- heat the pasta sauce in a sauté pan. When hot, add the pasta and toss to coat. Add the ricotta and fold together. Serve.
- Sautee the spinach in a sauté pan with a little butter or oil. Toss and allow to wilt and brighten. Serve atop or beside the pasta.
- Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Sweet Corn and Green Onion Tamales, Refried Beans, Latin Rice w. Mixed vegetables
· Heat the tamales in a steamer or in the microwave. The microwave actually does a great job. Alternately peel off their wrappers and pan fry them in a generous helping of butter or other fat 2-3 minutes per side allowing them to brown nicely. Fantastic.
- Heat the beans in a sauce pan or microwave.
- Heat a little butter or oil in a sauté pan. When hot add the rice and stir. Season lightly and allow to heat through while the collards and asparagus brighten and the rice crisps a little. Serve when hot.