The 608 CSK
August 22, 2017
Meal 1: Sweet Corn Tamales, Cortido, Tomato and Black Bean Salad
· heat the tamales in a microwave or in a steamer basket. However, in our home we unwrap the and pan fry the tamales in some butter or other fat until browned and crisped on both sides ! About 3 minutes per side. Killer good.
· Serve the cortido ( latin sauerkraut) chilled.
· Turn the tomato and beans out into a serving bowl. Add salt and toss gently to combine. Serve.
· Note - we enjoy this meal all combined together, one heaped upon the other and topped w/ yogurt.
Meal 2: Summer Pot Pie w/ Crumble Topping, Spelt Loaves, Frissee Salad
· Get the chill out of the pot pie in a microwave then oven heat at 325° for 10 -25 minutes depending on share size and preheating. When hot add the topping and return to the oven for 5 minutes more. Serve.
· Warm the bread.
· Dress the salad.