The 608 CSK
January 15, 2019
Meal 1: Semolina Gnocchi, Sautéed Crossroads Community Farm Spinach, Chick Peas w. Pickled Red Onion, Lemon and Sun Dried Tomato.
· Cut each square of semolina gnocchi into quarters. Cut each quarter diagonally so you have triangles. Arrange on a buttered cookie sheet. Bake at 400°for 15-20 minutes until the tops brown and the gnocchi puff. Serve hot.
· Sauté the spinach in a little olive oil or butter. Season, allow to wilt and serve.
· Toss the chick peas with their garnish, check the seasoning and serve at room temp.
Meal 2: Hot and Sour Soup, Pork and/ or Veggie Fried Rice, Stir Fried Snug Haven Tat Soi
· Warm the soup gently. Allow to simmer a minute or two. Season with a little salt or soy sauce. Braggs Liquid Aminos are good too, but go light.
· Heat a saute pan with a little oil. When just smoking, add the rice and fry, 1-2 minutes without stirring, allowing it to brown. Toss once, allow to brown a little more and serve. Season with hot sauce and a dash of soy sauce if you like.
· Chop the tat soi coarsely, and stir fry in a pan heated as above. Cook just to wilt and brighten. Season lightly and serve.