The 608 CSK
December 18, 2018
Meal 1: Black Eyed Peas w. Sweet Potato, Heirloom Blue Corn Bread, Collard Greens.
· Warm the peas and potato gently. Allow to simmer a minute or two. Omnivore portions have ground pork too.
· Toast the corn bread. We like to cut into very thick slices and pan fry in too much butter. Each side will brown deeply, about 1 minute per side over medium heat.
· Sauté the collards lightly in butter until wilted and bright. Alternately, do the same, but add some broth and allow to braise until tender ( though army green). I prefer the former method.
Meal 2: Parsnip Bisque, Roasted Garlic Potato Bread, Beet Salad w. Orange Vinaigrette.
· Warm the soup gently.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter or a little good olive oil for dipping.
· Remove the goat cheese and toss the beets in their dressing. Top w. crumbled chevre. Serve.