The 608 CSK
January 8, 2019
Meal 1: Miso Hot Pot with Udon and Kabocha, Baked Tofu.
· Warm the tofu in an oven, toaster or microwave. Room temp is OK too.
· Rinse the noodles briefly in a strainer to loosen.
· Portion the noodles and garnishes in large soup bowls. Microwave briefly to get the chill out.
· Heat the soup to just a simmer but do not allow to boil. Ladle the hot soup into the bowls to immerse the garnishes. Allow to steep a minute or so and enjoy.
· Serve the tofu on the side.
Meal 2: Pasta e Cici with Whole Wheat-Flax Boule and Mixed Winter Greens.
· Warm the soup gently. Allow to simmer a minute or two. Thin if necessary and adjust the seasoning with a little salt.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter or a little good olive oil for dipping.
· Dress the salad.