The 608 CSK
December 4, 2018
Meal 1: Roasted Red Onion Flatbread Pizza, Sautéed Spinach, Chick Peas in Poppy Seed and Preserved Lemon Vinaigrette.
· Carefully unwrap the pizza and distribute the shredded cheese over the top. Bake at 425° for about 10 minutes to heat through lightly crisping the bread, and maybe lightly browning the cheese.
· Heat a little butter or olive oil in a pan over medium. When just hot ( don't let olive oil smoke!) add the spinach. Add a pinch of salt and toss. Allow to wilt tossing as necessary. Serve.
· Toss the beans and their garnish in a bowl and serve at room temp.
Meal 2: Crumble-Top Winter Squash Pot Pie and the Last Mixed Greens of the Season.
· Transfer the pot pie filling to an oven safe dish. Microwave it briefly to get the chill out and then transfer to a 350° oven for 10-20 minutes depending on dish/ share size. When hot, add the crumble topping, bake 5 minutes more and serve.
· Dress the salad and savor the texture, spice, and vitality of every leaf.