The 608 CSK
June 6, 2017
Meal 1: Cream of Turnip Soup w/ Fresh Dill, Butterhead Salad, Savory Rhubarb Custard
· Warm the custard gently in the microwave. It is good at room temp. If you wish you may heat it a bit more in an oven, but why?
· The soup is best chilled, but again, can be warmed.
· Dress the Salad
Meal 2: Soba Noodle Salad, Miso Soup, Vegetable Stir fry
· Toss the noodles gently and serve..
· Heat the soup but do not let it boil! Serve.
· Heat a saute pan with a little oil. When it is almost smoking hot add some of the vegetable mix. Stir and fry. Do not toss! Turn and fold with a utensil to just wilt. Larger shares should cook in batches to avoid over crowding the pan. The vegetables are a mix of baby bok choi, flowering Chinese broccoli, pea shoots ( my favorite) plus carrots and turnips. Enjoy!