The 608 CSK
June 20, 2017
Meal 1: Fried Rice Veggie Kaboom!, Tofu w/ Green Garlic.
· Heat a saute pan with a little oil in it to almost smoking. Non-stick and well seasoned cast iron are great. When hot add the rice, in batched to prevent crowding the pan. Stir and fry until heated and turn out into a serving dish.
· Allow the veggies to drain a bit if watery. Get the pan hot again and add the vegetables to the pan. Stir fry briefly to heat through and serve them atop the rice. Dress with a little soy sauce to season. featured vegetables: Chinese broccoli, snap peas, garlic scapes, shredded carrot, kohlrabi, turnip, cilantro.
· The tofu salad is good at room temp. You can also stir fry it briefly to warm through.
Meal 2: Chick Pea & Broccoli 'Tajine', Turnip/ Fennel Salad w/ Yogurt and Turmeric, Romaine and Summercrisp Salad
· Warm the stew gently. Serve when warm.
· Enjoy the turnips chilled.
· Dress the salad.