The 608 CSK
May 16, 2017
Meal 1: Big Fat Springtime Burritos and Rice w/ Sweet Corn and Asparagus
· Give the burritos a quick zap in the microwave then heat in the oven at 3258 for about 15 minutes or until tortilla crisps a bit and the inside, tested with a knife point, is heated.
· Saute the rice salad in a pan with some oil. Allow the heat through and even crisp up a bit. Toss, add a splash of water if necessary. Serve
Meal 2: Scottish Highland Beef Sloppy Joes on Challah Rolls, Roasted Potato and Turnips w/ Turnip Greens, Leaf Lettuce Salad
· Warm the Joe on the stovetop. Split and toast the rolls. In a pan w/ some butter is best. Serve as a sandwich, or open face.
· Remove the greens from the potato/ turnip and reserve. Saute the potato and turnips in some butter. Tossing to coat and heat through. Use a lit a little to speed the heating process and a splash of water if necessary. When hot, add a little more buttter if necessary, add the greens, and toss to wilt. Season w/ salt and pepper.
· Tear up the lettuce leaves, dress the salad and serve.