The 608 CSK
March 14, 2017
Meal 1: Bean or Shredded Beef Chili, Yeasted Corn Bread, Spinach Salad
· Be sure you are heating the chili, not the curry. They look similar.
· Heat the chili gently. garnish as you like. We prefer yogurt and avocado.
· Warm the corn bread in the oven, or cut into thick slabs and pan fry in too much butter.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Spinach and Channa (Chick Peas) in Coconut Milk, Kidgeree, Kidney Bean Curry
· Be sure you are heating the kidney bean curry, not the chili. They look similar.
· Warm each curry gently.
· Pan fry the kidgeree in a hot pan with ample oil/ butter, tossing occasionally but trying to crisp the rice/ bean mix and getting it to brown a bit. Serve the curries atop the rice mix.