Meal 1: Sweet Potato Cakes, Black Eyed Pea Casserole, Yeasted Cornbread
· Give the cakes a quick zap to get the chill out, then warm them gently in their dish or on a cookie sheet at 325° for 10 minutes.
· Treat the casserole pretty much identically - just heated through.
· Warm the bread as you wish, but in our home we cut it real thick and pan fry in too much butter. Flip once adding more butter for the other side and serve crisp, sizzling and fine. If you've been really good today, add a drizzle of honey.
Meal 2: Lentil Soup, Fennel Loaves, Sauteed Black Earth Valley Winter Kale
· Warm the soup
· Heat some butter or olive oil ( both is better than either alone for this, actually ) in a saute pan. Before the oil gets fully hot, add the greens and increase the heat. When hot, begin to saute and wilt the greens. Season about halfway through and serve when bright green and yielding.
· Serve the warmed bread with butter or some good cheese.