The 608 CSK
January 24, 2017
Meal 1: Parsnip-Roasted Garlic Soup and Bread Salad
· Warm the soup gently.
· Heat the croutons on a cookie sheet at 350 for 5-10 minutes , until lightly toasted and warmed, but not crusted through.
· Toss the warm croutons with the greens and garnishes and dress.
Meal 2: Savory Apple Blintzes, Golden and Red Beets with Chevre, Kamut and Sultana Salad .
· Lay the crepes out, 2 per share and spoon some filling in a line into the center. Fold the sides in over the filling. Fold up the bottom to cover the sides and the filling , and roll up the blintz. Check out our Facebook page for some images of the process.
· Heat some butter in a pan over medium, non-stick is great of course. When the butter is hot and beginning to brown add the blintzes seam side first and allow the blintz to brown about 2 minutes. Turn, add butter if necessary and brown the other side. Serve.
· Toss the beets with their dressing and the chevre. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
· Serve the Kamut salad chilled.