The 608 CSK
January 3, 2017
Meal 1: Sloppy Joe on a Challah Roll, Sweet Potato Casserole, Live Latin Slaw
· Warm the roll and heat the Joe on the stovetop or microwave. Make sandwiches or serve open-face.
· Warm the sweet potato dish in the microwave briefly, then finish in a 300° oven for 5-15 minutes depending on share size, just to heat through.
· Enjoy the slaw chilled - It's alive!
Meal 2: Vegetable Fried Rice, Baked Tofu, Stir Fried Diakon and Carrot.
· Heat the tofu in a toaster, microwave, or saute pan, as suits you. It's also OK at room temp. You may want to piece it up to heat through/ serve with the rice.
· Reserve the egg from the rice. Get a large saute pan, nonstick is easiest, very hot with a little oil in it. When the oil is smoking, CAREFULLY tip in the rice and herbs and stir fry to heat through. About 3 minutes. Larger share sizes may want to work in batches. Near the end of cooking fold in the egg carefully and serve.
· Re-heat the pan and add the Diakon/Carrots. Allow to heat through stirring a couple of times, season lightly, and serve.