The 608 CSK
October 18, 2016
Meal 1: Lentil & Potato Fritters, Mashed Pumpkin w/ Maple Cream, Braised Savoy Cabbage.
· Heat a little oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. When hot, add dollops of lentil batter to the pan without overcrowding it. Flatten into thickish and disks and cook 2-3 minutes per side to brown nicely. Reserve hot fritters and cook in batches.
· Heat the pumpkin in the microwave, stir in the cream and serve Alternately, heat in a saucepan, give it a final mash and serve.
· Heat the cabbage in a saute pan or sauce pan.
Meal 2: Sweet Potato/ Meatloaves, Oakleaf Salad, Sauteed Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ Parsley Butter.
· Warm the loaves gently at 325 for about 10 - 15 minutes to warm. Alternately, cut them into thick slices and pan fry for a hot crisped treat.
· Heat a little oil or butter in a saute pan. Cut the parsley butter into pieces Add the parsley butter to the hot fat and when it is all melted and sizzling add the broccoli/ cauilflower. Toss to coat and heat through. Add a tiny splash of water and lid to speed the process if necessary.
· Dress the salad.