The 608 CSK
October 25, 2016
Meal 1: Big Fat Blintzes, Hearts of Summercrisp Salad, Roasted Butternut Squash
· Give the blintzes a quick zap in the microwave to get the chill out.
· Heat a little butter or oil oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. When hot, very carefully transfer the blintzes to the pan with their seam side down. Allow to pan fry to crisp and brown the blintz - about 2 minutes. Turn down the heat if necessary to not burn them. Flip the blintz and brown the other side. Serve.
· Saute the squash in some butter when the blintz are done. Toss the heat through and serve.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Miso Hot Pot, Stir Fried Napa Cabbage, Three Root Pickle.
· Heat the miso in a sauce pan. Do not allow it to boil. Allow the heat for several minutes to heat the tofu through. When hot, add the choi and pepper mix. Stir a couple of times and serve immdediately.
· Heat a pan with a little oil to very hot. Add the cabbage and stir fry briefly for a couple minutes to wilt and color the cabbage - look out for popping sesame seeds. Add salt. Serve.
· Serve the pickle chilled as a contrast to the other dishes.