The 608 CSK
June 28, 2016
Meal 1: Sloppy Joes on Poppy Seed Challah Buns, Cucumber -Yogurt Salad, Penne Salad.
· Split and toast the rolls.
· Warm the Joe. Stovetop is best. Serve openface or sandwich. (Openface is best.)
· Give the penne 10-20 seconds in your microwave to soften the noodles and get the chill out.
· Serve the cukes chilled.
Meal 2: Linguini w/ Garlic Scape Pesto and Chevre, Grilled Broccoli,Escarole and Frissee Salad
· Transfer the noodles to a serving dish and microwave them briefly to get warmed. 15-30 seconds depending on machine.
· Heat a sautee pan with a little butter or olive oil. Add the broccoli and toss over medium high heat until heated 2-4 minutes. You can use a lid very briefly to speed the process. Serve.
· Reheat the sautee pan with a generous serving of olive oil or butter. Over medium to medium high heat, add the pesto. Once it begins sizzling, cook and stir for 10- 20 seconds. It should be very aromatic but don't let it burn! Stir in the warmed noodles and toss to coat. Garnish with the chevre and serve.
· Dress the salad.