The 608 CSK
May 10, 2016
Meal 1: Savory Rhubarb Blintz, Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus, Blue Moon Mixed Greens.
· Heat a little oil, butter or other fat gently in a saute pan. When nearly hot add the bacon if you received it, otherwise skip ahead. Heat through for 2 minutes or so. The raise the heat and when hot add the potatoes and asparagus. Saute and allow the asparagus to brighten and even color up a bit. Add fat if necessary. Season with salt and pepper - we omitted this to prevent breakdown - and serve.
· Heat some butter in a saute pan over medium heat. When the butter is hot and almost brown, add the blintzes seam side down. Lower heat to medium low. Brown the bottom, 1-2 minutes and roll onto opposite side. Cook about 2 minutes more to brown that side. Serve immediately.
· Cut or tear some of the larger leaves and dress these fantastic greens.
Meal 2: Cold Sesame Noodles, Stir Fried Bok Choi and Hakuri Turnip, Baked Tofu
· Warm the tofu in a toaster or regular oven for about 5 minutes. Or heat in a non stick pan with just a little oil. It can likely be microwaved briefly to good effect.
· PEANUTS ARE IN THE SAUCE. Warm the sauce to room temp gradually or maybe gently in a microwave. Transfer to a mixing/ serving bowl. If necessary thin the sauce with a little warm water. Toss the noodles in the sauce to coat. Garnish with a little green onion or chive if you have it.
· Heat oil to almost smoking in a saute pan. Carefully add the vegetables and stir to turn and fry the vegetables. Allow the greens to wilt and the choi and turnip to pick up a little color while softening slightly. Season and serve.