Meal 1: Risotto w/ Morels, Asparagus, and Pea Shoots, Blue Moon Mixed Greens Salad.
· Reserve the risotto toppings. Heat 1/2 c liquid ( milk, stock, seasoned water) per person in a sauce pot. When hot add the risotto and stir to heat. Add liquid as needed to create a creamy, thick but flowing porridge. When hot, taste. If there is no remaining raw starch texture/ taste in the grains, then the risotto is done. Expect 3-5 minutes cooking time. Finish with butter, cream, quality oils and or shaved cheese. This is the time for decadence. Don't be afraid to enjoy a red wine with this meal.
· Heat butter or oil in asaute pan. When very hot, toss the risotto garnish in the pan to heat through and wilt the shoots. Top the risotto with the garnish.
· Cut or tear some of the larger leaves and dress these fantastic greens.
Meal 2: Asparagus and Baby Turnip Pan Roast, Whole Wheat Flax Bread, Rhubarb Crisp
· Give the crisp a quick zap in the microwave and then heat in the oven during your meal at 275° for 10 -20 minutes depending on share size.
· Heat the pan roast in a medium hot saute pan. Toss a bit to combine, but generally treat gently as it heats through 2-4 minutes. Don't overcook or over-stir.
· Warm the bread and serve with soft butter.