The 608 CSK
Meal 1: Big Fat Burritos and Mexican Rice Salad
· Maybe give the burritos a zap in the microwave and then bake on a cookie sheet at 350° for about 15 minutes or until the tortillas crisps a bit.
· Saute the rice in a pan with a little oil and then a splash of water to heat through.
Meal 2: Risotto with Morels and Leeks, Roasted Beets, Snug Haven Spinach Salad
· Warm the beets in a saute pan with a little butter.
· Scoop out and reserve the leek topping. Heat about a 1/2 cup of water per share in a sauce pan. When simmering, add the risotto and stir. Stir and add liquid as necessary to cook the rice until finished - about 5 minutes or until the rice grains are still firm but not starchy at all when you bite one, and the risotto has a flowing porridge like consistency. Season, add the leek/ morel mix and finish with a little butter, cream, parmesan cheese or other garnish. Serve immediately.
· Dress and serve the salad.