Meal 1: Soba Noodle and Wintermelon Hotpot ,
Roasted Diakon and Kabocha W/ Miso, Sesame-Broccoli Salad
• Warm the hotpot gently. Allow the shredded choi to just cook and the green onions to brighten. Serve.
• Reserve the dollop of miso in the dish. Saute the diakon and kabocha in a little butter or oil. Add a splash of water to steam through and then break up and stir in the miso paste and toss to coat the vegetables. Cook one minute more careful to not burn the miso.
• Toss the broccoli salad with its dressing in the bottom of the dish and serve at room temp.
Meal 2: Roasted Cauliflower Chowder (D), Polenta Squares, Arugula Salad
• Warm the soup gently and allow to come to a simmer.
• Panfry the polenta ( feel free to cut into smaller squares ) in butter or oil over medium heat. A non-stick or well seasoned pan is useful for this. Allow one side to color and crisp ( 3 minutes), then flip and cook the other side, adding fat if necessary.
• Dress those perfect greens and enjoy their strength.
Posted by Kate at 12:57 PM