Three Sisters Soup and Zucchini Croquettes
Meal 1: Three Sisters Soup, Sweet Corn and Pumpkin Seed Bread, Romaine and Fennel Salad
• Heat the soup gently.
• Warm the bread. Serve with soft butter and dunk in the soup!
• Dress and serve the salad greens.
Meal 2: Zucchini Coquettes, Barley With Sweet Corn and Tomato, Red Cabbage and Basil Quick Pickle
• Heat the croquettes on a cookie sheet at 350° for about 12 -15 minutes.
• Serve the cabbage chilled.
• Serve the grain salad at room temp. Cut up the included tomatoes and fold them in.
NOTES: Three Sisters = Corn, Beans, and Squash. The barley salad is a great example of a deish being more than the sum of its parts. Somehow the barley, soy sauce, olive oil, and cilantro combine to make a great harmonic flavor.
Posted by Kate at 4:11 PM