Early Summer Vegetables and Penne with Bacon and Peas
Meal 1: Early Summer Vegetable Stew, Seeded Spelt Knots, Escarole and Frissee Salad.
• Warm the stew gently.
• Warm the bread in the oven for a few minutes.
• Dress and serve the salad.
Meal 2: Penne with Bacon or Sun Dried Tomatoes and Snap Peas, Cucumbers with Fennel and Basil, Grilled Broccoli and Red Onion w/ Feta
• Reserve the pasta and peas. Transfer the 'sauce' components to a saute pan and warm gently until warmed and loosened. You may need to add a little good olive oil to get the right consistency. Fold in the pasta and peas and toss to coat. Cover and allow to heat through 2-3 minutes, and serve.
• Serve the cucumber salad at room temp.
• Dress the broccoli salad with a little olive oil and a splash of red or balsamic vinegar and serve at room temp.