|Ramps- an ephemeral delight|
Meal 1: Wild Leek and Fresh Chevre Pizza, Chic Pea and Parsnip Salad, Spinach Salad.
• Heat the pizzas in a 425° oven for 10 -15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the leek mix begins to 'wilt.'
• Serve the chic peas at room temp, or heated briefly in a saute pan.
• Dress the spinach salad.
|Overwintered parsnips from the garden.|
Meal 2: Fried Rice, Stir-fried Vegetables, and Baked Tofu
• Remove the tofu from the dish and heat in a 350° oven for 10 minutes or until just warmed. Reserve. Alternately it can also be heated by steaming.
• Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil until just about smoking hot. Tip in the rice and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
• Reheat the oiled non-stick pan and carefully add in the veggies. The liquid released will splatter and the sesame seeds may pop. Stir fry for a couple of minutes to heat through the veggies and then serve.