The 608 CSK
March 25 & 26 2014
Meal 1: Snug Haven Spinach Stromboli, Braised Red Cabbage with Orange and Balsamic and Chick Peas with Lemon Vinaigrette and Poppy seeds.
- Warm the stromboli in the oven at 325 ° on a cookie sheet until warm through and crisp to the touch.
- Heat the cabbage through in a saucepan.
- Serve the Chick Peas as is.Meal 2: Pad Thai and Coconut Milk Soup
- Warm the soup gently on the stovetop.
- Remove the noodles from their dish and rinse them thoroughly in a strainer so they are loosely moving again. Drain very well and reserve.
- Heat some oil in a nonstick pan. When the oil is hot, VERY CAREFULLY add the drained noodles. They’ll make a hell of a clatter but be brave! Stir and fry the noodles for 2-3 minutes and transfer to the serving platter.
- Remove the vegetable from atop the sauce the best you can. Add the meat/sauce to the pan and heat it though. Add the noodles and incorporate. Transfer to the serving platter and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.
- Reheat the pan and quickly stir fry the vegetables and serve atop the noodles. Serve with a twist of fresh lime if you have it.