Meal 1: Spaghetti with Meatballs or Roasted Eggplant, Flax and Semolina Loaves, Organic Lettuce Salad
• Warm the bread in the oven.
• Heat the sauce and meatballs/ eggplant in a sauce pan. When simmering add the noodles and toss to coat evenly. Allow the noodles to ‘imbibe’ the sauce for a minute or so and then serve.
• Dress and serve the salad.
Meal 2: Afghani Carrot and Yellow Split Pea ‘Hot Pot’, Brown Basmati and Kamut Salad, Roasted Cauliflower with Red and Green Onions
• Heat the hot pot to a gentle simmer. When the rice is ready serve atop the rice with a dollop of yogurt if you like.
• Heat the rice in a sauté pan with a little oil and then a splash of water to heat through.
• Heat the cauliflower in a sauté pan with a little olive oil at medium to medium high heat, but don’t let it smoke or the spices will burn . Allow the onions to begin the cook and some more color to come onto the cauliflower. Toss once or twice. Add a little water to steam the cauliflower through and serve.