|A Bun in the Oven|
Meal 1: Sloppy Joes w Challah Roll, Roasted Sweet Corn Chowder
• Heat the soup gently on the stovetop.
• Warm the bread in the oven.
• Heat the joe on the stovetop and serve on the roll. Best served openface.
Meal 2: Winter Bread Salad with Garnishes, Raw Lentils w Israeli Cous Cous, Red Lentil Dolmas
• Serve the cous cous at room temp or sauté it quickly with oil and a splash of water to warm it.
• The Salad: Arrange the greens in a large bowl. Add the garnishes – chic peas mixed w/ Chevre, dried heirloom tomato, roasted red pepper, and home cured prosciutto. You will likely want to chop or tear the tomato, pepper, and prosciutto into smaller pieces.
• Now, take the crutons from their bag and toast them at 375 on a cookie sheet. When they begin to crisp at the edges, but are still soft in the middle and becoming fragrant, about, 7-10 minutes ( Watch them !!), dress the salad generously with olive oil and balsamic, then add the hot crutons and toss everything in a very rustic manner and dig in. If you like, make an egg over easy to tear up into the salad too.
• Serve the dolmas on the side.