Meal 1: Butternut Squash Soup, Spelt-Yogurt Bread, Snug Haven Spinach Salad
• Heat the soup on the stovetop.
• Warm the bread in the oven.
• Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Savory Apple Galette, Barley Salad w/ Garlic, Sweet Potato Oven Fries
• Spread the sweet potato fries out on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until sizzling and heated through.
• Warm the galette in the oven at 350 for 5-8 minutes or until warm and the gorgonzola cheese garnish has melted.
• Serve the barley at room temp.
The soup feature some of the last of some outstanding, bright orange, butternuts from the Tree Farm, and the salad features some of the season’s first winter hoop-house spinach from Snug Haven Farm. ‘Frost Kissed’ spinach just gets better as the year gets colder b/c the plants increase their cellular sugar levels to reduce the freezing point of their cytoplasm. Pretty cool huh? ( no pun intended )
The apple galette is a savory, whole wheat version of a dessert I did during my stage as a pastry cook back in New Hope, Pa. I thought the roasted apples, Dreamfarm Chevre, and Carr Valley gorgonzola would be a nice match. There is one more ingredient in that galette filling. Anyone want to hazard a guess?