Black Eyed Peas and Shepard's Pie
Meal 1: Black Eyed Pea Stew w/ Brussels Sprouts, Yeasted Corn Bread, Dirty Rice
• Heat the stew on the stovetop. Start by rendering a little bacon in the pan first if you like.
• Warm the bread in the oven. Serve with soft butter and maybe some honey. You can also slice the cold bread thick and pan fry the slices in butter or bacon fat!
• Saute the rice in a little oil and finish with a splash of water.
Meal 2: Shepard’s Pie, Cornmeal Boule, Mixed Greens Salad
• Heat the shepard’s pie at 325 for 25 – 50 minutes depending on the share size, until bubbling and the topping crisps up a bit. Turn up the heat for the last few minutes to crisp the topping.Vegetarian pies will need a little more attention to detail as they are less liquid rich.
• Warm the bread in the oven too.
• Dress and serve the salad.