Spring Treat Pad Thai & Sorrel Soup w/ Quiche
Meal 1: Pad Thai w/ Ramps and Asparagus, Curried Bok Choi, Grilled Tofu.
• Heat the tofu in a lightly oiled saute pan or in the oven. They should take only a few minutes.
• Warm the curry on the stovetop to just a simmer. Do not over cook the choi or allow the curry to boil over.
• For the pad thai: Remove the vegetables and reserve them. Don't worry if you don't get them all. Remove the noodles and rinse them in a colander. Drain well. They should be loose. Heat some oil in a sauté pan. Non-stick is a good choice. When hot, add the very well drained noodles carefully. They will splatter and splutter and generally try to raise hell. Stand strong! Stir fry them until they begin color a little. Add the pad thai sauce ( the meaty looking mixture) and a splash of water. Stir it all to combine. Heat through. 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate. Reheat the pan with new oil and get it just about smoking hot. Add the veggies and stir fry the veggies about 2 - 3minutes and serve atop the noodles.
Sorrel Soup, Rustic Peasant Bread, Asparagus and Potato 'Quiche'.
• Warm the quiche gently in a 275 - 300 oven for 20 minutes for a single and 35- 40 for a 4 share size, but watch that it doesn't begin to over color or curdle at the edges. It will be plenty good at room temp too.
•Heat the soup on the stovetop or serve it chilled. It will be excellent chilled..
• Warm the bread slightly in the oven. Serve with butter.