Panzanella and Vaquero's Pie
Meal 1: Grilled Greens Panzanella and White Bean Soup
• Heat the soup on the stovetop.
• Panzanella is Bread Salad. Remove the croutons for their bag and place them on a cookie sheet that has preheated at 350 for 5 minutes. Turn them every 3-5 minutes and toast them evenly until you have a nice crust on the outside, but still some soft bread on the inside – 12- 15 minutes total.
• Toss the fresh and grilled greens together. Add the hot croutons and toss. Add the sundried tomato vinaigrette and toss. Garnish with a little grated hard cheese if you like.
Meal 2: Vaquero’s Pie, Cilantro Rice, and Hand Cut Tortilla Chips.
• Warm the casserole in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes for a single share and up to 45 for a 4 share size. Test the inside with a knife point to check that it is hot.
• Heat the rice in a sauté pan with a little oil, and then a splash of water to steam it through.
• Enjoy the chips dipped into the vaquero’s pie.