Rainy Day Dinner
Meal 1: Red Lentil and Tomato Soup, Toasted Cheese Sandwiches, Snug Haven Spinach Salad
• Warm the soup on the stovetop. Be careful it can scorch easily.
• Carefully unwrap the sandwiches and toast them over medium heat. Flip to toast the other side. You know…its grilled cheese!
• Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Whole Wheat Penne w/ Spinach, Chevre, and Shiitakes, Whole Wheat-Flax Boule, Grilled Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
• Warm the bread in the oven.
• Heat the broc/cauli in a little oil in a sauté pan. Add a splash of water to steam the dish through.
• Add a little oil to a sauté pan and heat over medium. Add the pasta and cook for a few minutes, stirring. Add a splash of water to steam it through. Allow the cheese to melt and get a little saucy. Serve immediately.