Meal 1: Risotto Primavera, Beet, Walnut, and Chevre Salad, Sautéed Spinach
CHECK! IS YOUR RISOTTO LABELED “A” OR “B” ?****
• For risotto “A”: Remove the shredded vegetables and reserve. Warm ½ cup water or milk or a mix in a pan. When warmed, add the risotto and gently break up any lumps. Stir until combined and heated through. The risotto should have a porridge like consistency. Add a little milk or cream if necessary. It should be ready immediately. Stir in the vegetables. Finish with a little cream, fancy oil, etc. Top with shredded parmesan or similar.
• For group “B”- Ditto above only your risotto may take longer to finish after heating through. Stir and add more liquid if necessary to maintain the porridge like consistency and simmer until the grains have an a dente texture but no remaining uncooked pasta like starchiness. No more than 5 minutes really. Likely less. Finish as above.
• Serve the beets at room temp.
• Quickly sautee the spinach in a pan with a little olive oil or butter to wilt them. Season and serve immediately.
Meal 2: Sloppy Joe on Sesame Challah Rolls, Creamy Cole Slaw, Baked Beans
• Warm the sloppy joe on the stovetop. Split and toast the rolls – best served open face.
• Heat the beans on the stove top. Thin with a little water and heat gently.
• Serve the slaw chilled. Add salt as this was omitted to prevent wateriness.
****The risotto was prepared in 2 batches with some inconsistency between batches. As such their preparation will differ slightly.