Meal 1: Borscht, Kasha and Bowties, and Roasted Vegetables
• Warm the borscht on the stove top or serve chilled. Its best garnished with a little yogurt or sour cream.
• Warm the roasted veggies in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes or until sizzling. Or sauté them briefly in a little butter and a splash of water.
• For the Kasha: heat 1-3T of butter in a sauté pan. Really butter is best. Allow the butter to melt, then foam, and then after the foam settles and the butter is clear and hot, add the kasha and bowties. Toss and allow to sauté a minute or two until heated through. Serve.
Kasha is buckwheat. It is rich and nutty and atypical in American diets. I hope you enjoy it.
Meal 2: Penne Putanesca with Lacinato Kale, Chic Peas with Citrus, Fennel, and Feta, Mixed Greens Salad
• Turn the pasta out into a sauté pan and add a little water from rinsing out the jar. Bring everything to a simmer, toss and allow to cook through for 1 minute.
• Toss the beans to incorporate the feta and serve chilled.
• Dress the salad.