Meal 1: Vegetable Lo Mein, Egg Drop Soup, Braised Tofu and Broccoli
• Heat the soup gently on the stove top. Do not allow it to boil.
• Heat a non stick or good sauté pan with some oil in it. When the oil begins to smoke carefully add the noodles and allow them to sit for one minute or so. Toss or stir and allow to sit again to form a light char on some of the noodles. Transfer the noodles to a serving plate. Add a little more oil, re heat the pan and briefly stir fry the veggies. Serve atop the noodles. Return the pan on medium heat.
• Now, gently shake up the tofu in the jar getting all the settled starch at the bottom into suspension and pour the entire contents into the hot pan. Turn the heat up. It will splatter and sputter and begin to thicken. Stir gently. After a minute or two transfer, when the sauce has thickened, to a serving dish or alongside the noodles and enjoy!
|Bulghur w/ Black Quinoa and Amaranth - The amaranth are the teeny tiny, lightly colored spheres.|
Meal 2: Three Bean and Beef Chili, Latin Cole Slaw. Bulghur with Black Quinoa and Amaranth
• Heat the chili on the stovetop.
• Serve the slaw chilled. Season it with a bit more salt as I generally omitted this ingredient to prevent wateriness.
• Serve the grain salad at room temp.