Meal 1: Bean and Barley Soup, Vollkornbrot, Sweet Potato Oven Fries.
• Warm the soup on the stovetop. Add a little liquid if necessary and adjust the seasoning to account for the added water or broth.
• Warm the Vollkornbrot (whole grain bread) and serve with butter.
• Spread the sweet pots on a cookie tray and warm them in a 375° oven until just sizzling - about 10 minutes.
Meal 2: Black Eyed Pea Stew with Pumpkin and Collards, Yeasted Corn Bread, Savory Sweet Potato Flan
• Thin the stew with a little water and heat on the stovetop. Adjust the seasoning.
• Warm the cornbread in the oven and serve in slices with butter on the side. We like ours with a little honey too as a treat.
• Serve the flan at room temp.