Soba and Miso With Wintermelon & Lentiles Vertes
Meal 1: Soba Noodle Salad, Miso Soup with Tofu and Winter Melon, and Glazed Diakon & Carrots
• Serve the noodles chilled or at room temp.
• Heat the soup on the stovetop but do not allow to boil. Allow the vegetables to heat through – about 3 minutes at almost a simmer.
• For the carrots and diakon: melt some butter or a little oil in a sauté pan. Cut one of the vegetables in half to note how close they are to being tender all the way through. Add the vegetables and their broth to the pan and add a splash more water if necessary Allow to come to a gentle simmer and cook until tender – maybe 3-5 minutes more. Serve hot.
Meal 2: French Lentil Soup with Kale Pistou, Pain d’Epi, & Welden Farm Spinach Salad
• Heat bread in the oven until warm.
• Heat the lentil soup on the stove top. The pistou is a French pesto. It had been added already. Simply stir to incorporate.
• Dress the salad.