|River in our Sukkah|
Meal 1: Vegetable Lo Mein, Grilled Tofu, Egg Drop Soup
• Remove the tofu from the dish and warm in the oven at 400 for 5 – 8 minutes.
• Warm the soup gently on the stovetop. Do not allow to boil.
• Next, heat a little oil in a sauté pan. Nonstick would be best. When hot, add the noodles and stir fry until hot. Transfer to a plate. Next reheat the pan and add the vegetables. Stirfry for 1-2 minutes and serve atop the noodles. Dress with a little extra soy sauce and/or sesame oil if you like.
Meal 2: Shredded Beef or Three Bean Chili, Yeasted Corn Bread, Roasted Butternut Squash with Poblanos
• Heat the chili on the stovetop. It’s a little spicy so serve with some yogurt or sour cream to mellow it out.
• Warm the squash in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes.
• Warm the corn bread in the oven for 5-10 minutes along with the squash. Serve with soft butter and maybe some honey.