Meal 1: Butternut Squash Empanadas, Pan Roasted Broccoli, Mixed Greens Salad
• Warm the empanadas in the oven at 300 for about 10 minutes. When it is warm the vents will release a little steam and you will smell the aroma of the pastry. Test the interior with a skewer. If it come out warm, its ready. DON’T burn the ‘foot’ ( bottom) of the empanada.
• Next, heat a little oil in a sauté pan. Add the broccoli and then add a splash of water to steam the broccoli through. Allow 1-2 minutes of ‘steaming.’ Serve immediately.
• Serve and dress the greens.
Meal 2: Vegetable and Lentil Curry, Carrots in Coconut Milk, Biryani
• Heat the curries, separately, on the stovetop.
• Heat the rice in a sauté pan with a little oil, and add some water to steam it through. Alternately, you may warm it in the oven or even a microwave. Serve the rice dish under the curries.