A Sweet New Year and A Change of Seasons
Meal 1: Matzoh Ball Soup, Braided Challah, Carrot and Sweet Potato Tzimmis
• Cover the tzimmis with some foil and heat at 300 for about 15 minutes or until it is beginning to bubble. Remove the foil, raise the temp to 325 and allow the almond flour crust to color up just a bit – 5 minutes or so.
• Warm the challah in the oven for those last 5 or so minutes.
• Bring the soup to a simmer on the stove top. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes to heat the matzoh balls through.
Meal 2: Shepherd’ Pie, Spicy Greens Salad, Green Bean Salad
• Warm the pie at 325 for 15-20 minutes or until hot and the crust begins to brown
• Serve the beans at room temp or quickly toss in a sauté pan with a splash of water to heat through. Season with some salt, as we omitted it to prevent wateriness.
• Dress the salad.