Meal 1: Sweet Corn and New Potato Chowder, Green Bean and Almond Salad, Pasta Shells with Tomato and Chevre
• Shake the jars well and then heat the chowder on the stovetop.
• Toss the bean salad to dress it and incorporate the almonds.
• Toss the pasta salad and season with salt, which was omitted to prevent wateriness from the tomato.Serve at room temp.
Meal 2: ‘Vaquero’s’ Pie, Baked Black Beans, Hand Cut Tortilla Chips
• Warm the pie and the beans in the oven at 300 for 15 – 20 minutes or until heated through.
• You can also warm the beans on the stovetop in a pan with a little water.
• If necessary crisp the chips on a cookie sheet in the oven for 5 minutes or so.