Meal 1: Korean Sweet Potato Noodles with Eggplant and Sprouts, Kimchi Cucumbers, and Sweet Corn/Wakame Fritters
• Stir the corn fritter batter to loosen it and add a little salt as we omitted it to prevent wateriness. Heat a sauté pan with 2-3T of oil (not olive) and dollop out the batter into the pan forming pancake like fritters. Fry about 3 minutes over medium heat and then flip them over to brown the other side. When both sides are golden brown they are done. Transfer to a serving plate.
• Carefully remove the veggies, egg, etc. to a side plate and add the noodles and any sauce to a sauté pan heated with some oil. Non stick is a good choice for this task. Add a splash of water and toss the noodles while cooking. They will turn from opaque to transparent when they are done. Transfer to a serving plate and quickly stir fry the veggies etc. in the same pan and serve atop the noodles.
• Serve the cucumber chilled alongside the other dishes.
Meal 2: Mushroom Risotto with Ratatouille, Romaine and Summercrisp Lettuce Salad, Roasted Beets in Walnut Oil Dressing
• Remove the ratatouille and reserve. Add the risotto to a sauce pan and add about 2/3 cup of water per share. Allow to heat over medium without stirring much. When the water is warmed and the risotto will stir easily, begin to do so. Bring the risotto up to a simmer and allow the rice dish to cook and thicken to a flowable, porridge-like consistency. This should take less than 5 minutes. Taste a grain or two. They should be firm but tender, with no remaining raw starchiness ( like in an undercooked noodle). Adjust the seasoning and garnish with grated cheese, truffle oil, butter, cream, etc. as you like
• Heat the ratatouille quickly in a hot sauté pan and serve atop the risotto.
• Dress the salad.
• Toss the beet salad and serve chilled.