Meal 1: Stir Fried Pea Shoots and Bok Choi, Fried Brown Rice, and Thai Spring Rolls
• In a sauté or non stick pan, heat a couple of tablespoons of oil until just smoking. Carefully add the rice stir, and then add a splash of water. Stir to heat through. Transfer to serving dish(s).
• Reheat the same pan as above and add the greens. Stir fry a minute or two and add a splash of water to heat through and steam through – you will note that I only par-cooked them to preserve their integrity and freshness. Serve.
• Serve the spring rolls chilled. You may need to handle them with wetted hands to initially remove them from their container.
• Please Note: The pea shoots area little tougher at their bases than I would have expected. I did my best to trim them, and had to compost over half of what I received. A case of Hon Tsai Tai I received for this meal was completely inedible and could not be included. Just please chew carefully and be mindful of a little stemminess.
Meal 2: Max’s Spinach Soup, Olive Oil Loaves, Harmony Valley Spring Mix
• Heat the soup on the stove top to just a simmer – or serve chilled if you like.
• Warm the bread in the oven.
• Dress the salad lightly with oil and vinegar and serve.