Meal 1: General Tso Tofu with Stir-fried Green Garlic and Watercress, Vegetable Lo Mein
• Heat a nonstick pan with a little oil and stir fry the noodles, then add the vegetables. Transfer to a serving platter.
• Next, as above, stir fry the vegetables in a little oil with a splash of water to finish. Transfer to a serving plate.
• Toast the tofu briefly in the above pan. Shake the sauce vigorously, being sure all the sediment at the bottom is in suspension. Pour onto the tofu in the pan and allow to rapidly reduce into a thickened sauce. Serve atop the vegetables and enjoy.
Meal 2: Tortilla Soup, Spinach Salad, Yellow Rice with Honey and Currants
• Heat the soup in a sauce pan.
• Warm the rice in the oven, microwave, or in a sauté pan with a little oil and a splash of water.
• Dress and serve the salad.