Potato Leek Soup and Fried Rice
Meal 1: Vegetable Fried Rice, Baked Tofu, and Cold Sesame Noodles
• Remove the noodles from their container, leaving most of the sauce in the container. Add a little hot water, or microwave briefly, and stir to loosen the sauce. Dress the noodles with the sauce.
• Heat a sauté pan. Non-stick is OK. Add a little oil and brown the tofu pieces. This will take about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a serving plate.
• Re-heat the pan and add the rice. Stir fry for a minute or two and add a splash of water to steam the rice through. Serve immediately.
Meal 2: Potato Leek Soup, Rye and Currant Knots, Escarole and Dandelion Green Salad
• Heat the soup on the stovetop.
• Warm the knots and dress the salad. Choose a dressing, or an olive oile that is a little sweet or 'fruity'. This will compliment the pleasing, but bitter aspects of the escarole and dandelion.