Meal 1: Cream of Broccoli Soup, Roasted Carnival Squash, Bread Salad
• Cover the squash with a foil lid and add a splash of water. Heat it in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
• Heat the soup in a sauce pan. Rinse the jar with a little water and add to the soup. Adjust the seasoning. Gently simmer for 4-6 minutes until the broccoli florets in the soup are cooked through and bright green.
• Remove the crutons from the bread salad and toast them lightly in the oven or a dry pan – about 5 minutes. Be sure they warm, but stay soft on the inside. Toss the remaining salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Toss again with the warmed bread and serve.
Meal 2: Handmade Fettuccini with Rustic Bolognese, Semolina Rolls, Spinach Salad with Currants and Pepitas
• Warm the rolls until slightly warmed.
• Heat the Bolognese sauce in a saucepan. Rinse the jar with a little water and add. Adjust the seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Next rinse the noodles under warm water and drain well. When the sauce is hot, add the noodles and combine. Serve with some grated cheese and a decent red. I like Verramonte’s Cabernet and Ravenswood Zinfandel.
• Toss and dress the salad.