Meal 1: Cabbage and Carrot Stew with Homemade Sausage, Flaxen Boule, Spinach Salad with Misato Radish
• Warm the bread in the oven.
• Heat the stew in a sauce pan. Rinse the jar with a little water and add to the soup. Adjust the seasoning. Simmer for a minute or two.
• Dress the salad and serve.
Meal 2: Curried Split Peas, Brown Basmati Rice Salad, and Onion Bhajis
• Heat the curry sauce in a saucepan. Rinse the jar with a just little water and add. Adjust the seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
• The bhaji is a frtiiter – kind of like a lentil latke. You will fry them from prepared batter. For the bhajis, heat a sauté pan, non-stick is helpful, with just a little oil. Allow it to get medium hot and then add a few dollops with a spoon of the batter. The fritters should be about palm sized, like pancakes. Allow them to fry about 2 minutes on one side before flipping with a spatula. Cook on the other side and transfer to plates. They are great with some yogurt if you like.
• Next, in the sauté pan add a little oil, then the rice salad and a splash of water. Heat the rice through and serve.