Shepherd's Pie and Channa Dal
Meal 1: Shepherd’s Pie, Organic Leaf Lettuce Salad, & Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
• Heat the shepherd’s pie in the oven at 325° for about 20 minutes, until heated through and the topping begins to crisp.
• Warm the rolls in the oven too, 5 minutes will do it.
• Dress the salad and serve.
Meal 2: Channa Dal, Naan, and Kichiri
WARNING! –Good Indian food is made with lots of whole spices. Look out for and avoid the peppercorns, cardamom, etc. Cumin, coriander, fennel, etc. (the small seeds) are fine to chew and we did do our best to remove most of the culprit seeds.
• Warm the dal on the stovetop.
• Heat the naan in the oven 2- 3 minutes, or in a microwave, or quickly on a bare gas burner – if you are experienced with this kind of bravado.
• In a sauté pan heat a 2-3 T butter or oil, over medium high. When hot, add the kichiri and break it up a bit with a spoon. Some chunks are OK though. Let it all sit and fry and crisp up a bit 2-3 minutes, then toss or sauté it to crisp up the ‘other side.’ When hot through, serve. Top with the curried chic peas and eat with the naan.