Meal 1: Miso Soup, Soba Noodle Salad, & Roasted Hakuri Turnips, Diakon, and Rutabega
• Heat the roasted vegetables in the oven at 350° for 10 minutes .
• Serve the noodles at room temp.
• Warm the soup on the stovetop. DO NOT let it boil. Allow the garnishes to heat through.
Meal 2: Potato and Scallion Blintzes, Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Welden Farm Spinach Salad.
• Melt some butter in a sauté pan at medium heat. When the butter is almost browned, add the blintzes, seam side down. They should sizzle a bit. Cook for 2-3 minutes, the bottom should have browned. Turn to the opposite side and brown it too. Turn the heat down low or even off and allow to set and warm through for a minute or two. Serve.
• Reheat the pan and more butter or oil or some bacon cut into lardon. When hot/or bacon is crisped add the sprouts and toss. Cook for about 3 minutes until the sprouts are fork tender and lost their raw interiors. You can add a splash of water to speed the cooking process.
• Dress the salad and serve!
|Line 'em up and send 'em out!|