Meal 1: Roasted Pumpkin and Quinoa Enchiladas, Adobo Black Beans, y Arroz Amarillo
· Heat the enchis in the oven at 325° for up to 20 minutes – they should be warmed and the cheese softened.
· Incorporate a tablespoon or two of water into the beans and heat in the oven too 10 - 15 minutes or until hot.
· Serve the rice at room temp or heat quickly in a sauté pan with a little oil and then a splash of water to steam it though.
Meal 2: Tree Farm Potato and Cabbage Perogies with Sautéed Onions and Spinach, and Honey Roasted Carrots
· Warm the carrots in the oven – about 10 minutes at 350° should do it.
· Now, remove the cold perogies to a plate. Melt some butter in a sauté pan. Get to medium hot. Add the onions and cook a minute or two. Add the spinach, stir/ toss and allow it to just wilt. Transfer to a warm serving plate.
· Re-butter the pan and add a little oil too. Don’t be shy. When almost medium hot, add the perogies carefully. Allow to fry to a golden brown 2-3 minutes ( they go pretty quick!) then flip and cook the other side and serve with a good beer. I’d recommend New Glarus’ Laughing Fox or splurge for the Apple Ale.