The 608 CSK
January 22, 2019
Meal 1: Sun Dried Tomato and Roasted Garlic Risotto, Roasted Rutabaga w. Carrot, Sauteed Escarole.
· Heat about 1 cup (8oz) lightly salted water or broth per share in a saucepan. You may not need all of it. You may need more. Risotto is a feel thing. Don't worry , you got this.
· Add the risotto to another sauce pan and add a little hot liquid and stir, over medium high heat to incorporate. Add more water as needed to allow the risotto to form a porridge like consistency. Stir steadily adding liquid as necessary. It should take about 5 minutes or less for the grains to finish cooking. Taste them early on to check doneness. When the raw, starchy taste/feeling is gone, but the grain's firmness remains, the risotto is done. Adjust the seasoning. Garnish with butter, cream, finely shredded hard cheese, or other delights like truffle oil, and serve.
· Sautee the escarole in a little butter. Season, allow to wilt, and serve.
· Heat the roasted veg in a sauté pan with hot butter. Toss, allow to heat through, tossing again once ot twice. Check the seasoning and serve.
Meal 2: Split Pea Soup, Pumpkin Seed Bread, Escarole, Frissee, Radicchio Salad.
· Warm the split pea gently. Thin if necessary and adjust the seasoning.
· Warm the bread.
· Shred the red radicchio leaves, toss and dress the salad. Serve.