The 608 CSK
October 23, 2018
Meal 1: Leek, White Bean, and Sausage Stromboli, Morel Polenta, Bibb Lettuce Salad
· On a cookie sheet heat the stromboli at 400 for 5-8 minutes to crisp the outside and just heat through.
· Heat a little oil or butter in a non stick or well seasoned pan. Cut the polenta into 2" or 3" squares. Slide the squares into the oil and pan fry to brown on both sides. About 2 minutes per side. Alternately, heat in the oven in a buttered dish or cookie sheet about 10 minutes until heated through. Cut to serve.
· Dress the salad.
Meal 2: Black Bean and Anaheim Chili w or w/out Shredded Pork, Sauteed Collard Greens, Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- Warm the fries , on a cookie sheet, in an oven at 350° for about 7-10 minutes. Careful to not over do it.
- Heat the chili in a sauce pan and allow to simmer about 5 minutes to thicken a little bit and heat through.
- Heat a saute pan with some butter. Add the collards. Sautee and season. Allow to wilt and brighten. Serve.